ATTENTION: I am now writing over here at wordpress! Please come join me! There is tons of new content I would love for you to read and comment on!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Autumn...

Yesterday was the first day that it felt like fall here in North Carolina. I was quite surprised as I walked out my front door and felt a chill rather than the dense humidity which regularly characterizes a rainy day here. Gabe was at work and all I had to do was clean the house so I opened a few windows (though not too much because the Beast likes to jump through them and break screens... I have become an expert screen-maker. I really could charge people for it and make a living) to hear the rain play with the roof and the drains. It seemed to be in a jovial mood yesterday... So I had that melody and I coupled it with the classical station which comes in just as clear as can be in the house - it was a really marvelous few hours! I couldn't be more content - unless of course Gabe were home to enjoy it with me. Samson and I went about our business calmly and happily. What a wonderful day!

To mark the first real day of Autumn (in my mind that is - I'm not sure when it starts on the calendar) I took a few pictures. They are of the forest which I see everyday out all but one window. I love living here so much. I'll miss my friendly forest.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Share your thoughts/questions/contributions because I'd love to hear!