ATTENTION: I am now writing over here at wordpress! Please come join me! There is tons of new content I would love for you to read and comment on!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gabe Came Home....

...for a visit this morning! It was really wonderful. He called me and said, "I'll be home in 5 minutes." It was so wonderful to have him home! He came and laid down with me for a few minutes and then he watched the news with me as he got his stuff together. And the reason he was home was exciting: he was getting a form he needed so that the top guy (I forget what rank he is, but he's the last person who needs to sign Gabe's chapter before it goes to G1 and his actual orders get typed up!) can sign off on it... Which means that it isn't just sitting on a desk somewhere - and it also means that this person cares about making sure Gabe ACAPs (the form he needed had to do with that). ACAPing is very important because it prepares a soldier for getting out: they provide classes on the transition - including a class on building a resume and one specifically for the move so that we know what to expect, they also are a catalyst for a lot of civilian jobs to hire exiting soldiers. Anyway, it was a very pleasant surprise to have him come home for a little bit and it was encouraging to see that his chapter is making real progress. Gabe said that if it gets signed today it will probably be in G1 for a couple days. So we'll see when we get orders. It won't be too long now!

I can even start applying for jobs now in California!
God is so good, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Share your thoughts/questions/contributions because I'd love to hear!