ATTENTION: I am now writing over here at wordpress! Please come join me! There is tons of new content I would love for you to read and comment on!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Texas Book Festival

Every year Austin hosts this really awesome event called the Texas Book Festival at the Capitol. We just happened to be there the weekend it was going on so we went and it was fabulous!

Isn't it gorgeous?

:-)


The first session we went to - "The War on American Ideals" which took place in the Senate Chamber.


The chandeliers say "TEXAS" around the base and are filled with stars - it was pretty neat.
Pretty fountain...



Gabe and the cannon comparing guns. :-)

Old-timey drinking fountain.


And of course, a book! Grandma Sylvia got me "The Heretic's Daughter" by Kathleen Kent and it is a really really good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Share your thoughts/questions/contributions because I'd love to hear!