ATTENTION: I am now writing over here at wordpress! Please come join me! There is tons of new content I would love for you to read and comment on!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Folk Tales | Moby

*Folk Tale Disclaimer: These are simply the reasons we chose to do the things we do. We absolutely do not condemn any other parenting decisions as we fully respect that God put specific kids with specific parents and those parents are the only ones fully responsible for their children. These posts are merely meant to be a window into our lives for those who'd like to peer in and to offer some first hand knowledge for people researching these subjects themselves. :) *


Few things are quite so wonderful as your very own baby nuzzled up against you sleeping peacefully. Few things as lovely, few things as appreciated. The reason I absolutely love my Moby Wrap is that it provides a way for me to enjoy that while also doing life. And I don't just mean talking on the phone or doing make up. I have hiked, cleaned, traveled {by foot}, been to meetings... I do a lot with it. There are 2 downsides, though: it takes so stinkin' long to put on. And it has to touch the ground. So when RJ is a mess because she just wants to be held it's super annoying that I can't put it on quicker - or even hold her while I put it on. And when I'm out where the ground isn't clean enough I have to finagle it even more.

But it's a lifesaver. And once it's on, it's on. It is great on my back, soft and comfortable {no straps or clips} and the cotton is very breathable. Basically, I love the thing.

On the subject of "babywearing" it's another one of those things that we don't completely subscribe to or completely throw out. I adore wearing her when we're out instead of putting her in a carrier. I also love wrapping her when she's tired or sick and just needs to be held. I don't however think we need to spend every second wrapped together because I want her to learn that she is okay without me. As much as I love the feeling I get when she just.wants.me. I also really appreciate that she can soothe herself at bedtime and I want to foster that independence. She still needs me for a lot, but the things she doesn't need me for I want to encourage her to do! I hope this will set a precedent for us; especially when we get into academics!


Gabe got a "manly" carrier. hehe
Now, if I could pick any carrier I wanted I think it would be a Mei Tai. It's like a Moby and an Ergo combined! No straps or buckles, but the whole front part is already constructed {some even with pockets!} so you just have to tie the bits of fabric around you. But they are like $90 and that is just insane to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Share your thoughts/questions/contributions because I'd love to hear!